Grow your financial education
Article Contents
< All Topics

What is Property Insurance?

What is Property or Building Insurance?

Building insurance covers the structure of the building to cover risks such as fire, landslip etc. It should provide you with adequate cover should you need to repair or replace your home (ie, house, garage, shed etc.) The responsibility to insure the property passes to the buyer on the exchange of contracts.

This is different to contents insurance, but may be bundled with it, called home and contents insurance for a home owner. For an investor, only building insurance is required.

Get in touch today

Call for a confidential discussion about your best financial solution, or drop us your details here and we will be in touch.