What is Landlord Insurance?
What is Landlord Property Insurance?
Landlord insurance covers an investment property owner from financial losses or damage to their property as a result of malicious damage or unexpected events such as fire, storm and flood. The policy covers the building but does not cover any personal property belonging to tenants.
We recommend that a provision for loss of rent should your property become untenable due to damage caused by an insured event to be considered for inclusion in your policy.
Common features of a landlord insurance policy
- malicious or intentional damage to the property by the tenant or their guests
- theft by the tenant or their guests
- loss of rent if the tenant defaults on their payments
- liability including a claim against you by the tenant
- legal expenses incurred in taking action against a tenant